Trim FRC is hoping to offer parents some support by running a ‘Parent’s Plus’ Parenting programme when restrictions are eased. We would like to tailor the programme to the needs of parents in our community so please let us know which programme you would like to attend:
- Parents Plus Early Years Programme – for parents of children aged 1 to 6 years
- Parents Plus Children’s Programme – for parents of 6 to 11 years.
- Parents Plus Adolescent’s Programme – for parents of adolescents
- Parents Plus Parenting When Separated Programme – suitable for parents who are preparing for, going through or have gone through a separation or divorce.
- Parents Plus Special Needs Programme – this course is for parents who are raising an older child or adolescent with a mild, moderate or severe intellectual disability, and who may also have an additional diagnosis, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or a physical disability
Programmes are usually 6 – 8 weeks long and may run on mornings or evenings depending on demand.
Please phone the office on 046 9438850
Non Violent Resistance (NVR) programme
Sometimes situations can get out of hand at home and parents or carers might be afraid of their own child because of the abusive and violent behaviours. NVR supports parents to change the ways in which they deal with violent and aggressive behaviours. In family work, Non-Violent Resistance begins with the
parent acknowledging that the child is not the problem – the problem is the problem. The NVR helps to empower parents to take positive action to end the violent and controlling behaviour. The programme has proven to be effective for many families in ending the cycle of child to parent violence.
Contact us for more information or register your interest for the upcoming programme – weekly group sessions for parents will be held in Autumn 2021.